What personal data is collected by REVITACARE and for what purposes?
REVITACARE collects from you personal data that you transmit, directly or during your use of the Site, for example :
- to enable browsing on the Site and the management and traceability of services ordered by the user: connection and Site use data
- to prevent and fight against computer fraud (spamming, hacking…): computer equipment used for navigation, IP address
- to improve navigation on the Site: connection and usage data
- To answer your requests via the contact form: name, email address
- to conduct optional satisfaction surveys on https://revitacare.net: name, email address
- to carry out communication campaigns (sms,email): name, email adress
With whom does REVITACARE share my personal data?
REVITACARE does not sell your personal data, which is therefore only used by necessity or for statistical and analysis purposes.
Nevertheless, companies to which REVITACARE entrusts the provision of technical services related to the operation of the Site may be required to process your data, it being understood that these companies are contractually bound to protect all personal data in their possession.
REVITACARE will not process, host or transfer the Information collected on users to a country outside the European Union or one recognized as “non-adequate” by the European Commission without first informing the customer. However, REVITACARE remains free to choose its technical and commercial subcontractors provided that they present sufficient guarantees with regard to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD: n° 2016-679).
REVITACARE undertakes to take all necessary precautions to preserve the security of the Information and in particular to ensure that it is not communicated to unauthorized persons. However, if an incident affecting the integrity or confidentiality of the Customer’s Information is brought to the attention of REVITACARE, the Company must inform the Customer as soon as possible and inform him of the corrective measures taken. Furthermore, REVITACARE does not collect any “sensitive data”.
Within the limits of their respective responsibilities and for the purposes mentioned above, the main persons likely to have access to the data of Users of https://revitacare.net are mainly employees of the REVITACARE Marketing Department.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal data?
In accordance with current European regulations, Users of https://revitacare.net have the following rights:
- right of access (Article 15 RGPD) and rectification (Article 16 RGPD), updating, completeness of Users’ data right to block or delete Users’ personal data (Article 17 RGPD), when they are inaccurate, incomplete, equivocal, outdated, or whose collection, use, communication or storage is prohibited
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (Article 13-2c GDPR)
- the right to limit the processing of Users’ data (article 18 RGPD)
- right to object to the processing of Users’ data (Article 21 GDPR)
- the right to portability of the data provided by the Users, when such data are subject to automated processing based on their consent or on a contract (Article 20 GDPR)
- the right to define the fate of the Users’ data after their death and to choose to whom https://revitacare.net will have to communicate (or not) their data to a third party that they will have previously designated
As soon as REVITACARE becomes aware of a User’s death and in the absence of instructions from the User, REVIATACARE undertakes to destroy the User’s data, unless it is necessary to keep it for evidentiary purposes or to meet a legal obligation.
If the User wishes to know how REVITACARE uses his or her Personal Data, to request rectification or to object to their processing, the User may contact REVITACARE in writing at the following address :
REVITACARE – DPO, Jim BUZON
21 Avenue de L’Eguillette 95310 SAINT OUEN L’AUMONE.
In this case, the User must indicate the Personal Data that he/she would like REVITACARE to correct, update or delete, identifying him/herself precisely with a copy of an identity document (identity card or passport).
Requests for deletion of Personal Data will be subject to the obligations imposed on REVITACARE by law, in particular with regard to document retention or archiving. Finally, Users of https://revitacare.net may file a complaint with the supervisory authorities, and in particular with the CNIL (https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes).
REVITACARE uses “audience cookies” as part of the operation of the platform and its improvement. You are invited to refer to the “Cookies Policy” section.
Where applicable and required by law, we will provide you with a new or updated policy outlining the changes to our use of your personal data and, where necessary, obtain your consent to continue processing it.